Wednesday, March 6, 2013

As I was going through my journal the other night I came across something that made me stop for a moment. A little over a year ago our church had a time of fasting that ended with an Awakening event in several locations. I was asked by the church to lead the event in Pocola. Above is the notes I made for the order of service and who was going to be involved. One name on the list was a guy named Brandon Lopez. He was going to lead our worship and I didn't know him from Adam. As I looked at these notes I began to think about all that has happened since that event, which was in the back room of Simple Simon's Pizza. Two months later Lopez was on staff at the church and we were tearing down walls in a store front building to fix up a place for a Pocola church plant to meet. Six months later we had our first service as Cross Community Church Pocola. Six months later on this very night an eight year old boy asked Jesus to be his savior. Something that no one involved really even knew was going to be anything 14 months ago has served it's call. I know this is only the first of many to come. 

The other night Abby reminded me of one of the first songs that we ever hear Lopez sing. We were listening to David Crowder Band and Like a Lion came on. She said "I remember Brandon singing this at Simple Simon's" The words are timely for today.

Let Love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To see a revolution somehow

Cross Community Church has done that today. The love you have shown for a community has started a revolution in a young boys life.

No comments:

Post a Comment